7.23.2009

It is a THURSDAY. . . .


Today is a Thursday. . . . .

Thursday's are a really hard day in our house! I love our life, our days, weeks, months. However, we are a very busy family. Constantly adding things to the list. Also, constantly taking things away when they become too much. On Thursday our children are in melt down mode.

I have officially been working for one year this month. I love my job and everyday I am excited to start it all over again. I also love my job as Mommy and wife. After staying home for 2 1/2 years I never really thought I would love something enough to take me away from my home. Last year I found that.

Blakely has had the hardest time adjusting to the change. I had been at home with her everyday since she was born. She has done really well considering the total shock she was thrown into at first. Today she had a melt down when I came home. She did not want to leave the wonderful enviroment she was in. Although the fit she threw was not pleasent I was happy she was content. She has really come into her own personality since being away from me. This is such a blessing to watch.

Ty is adaptable. I am not sure if this comes from us training him to be or just his nature? I am impressed daily with his ability to go with the flow. While both of our children have inherited their father's "laid back attitude". Ty is the definition.

Bryan has also had to adjust to life without a stay at home wife. At times the transition was hardest for him. Their is a level of convenience and security that comes with a spouse at home. Someone to pick up dry cleaning, meet the repair person, maintain the house, attempt to fix dinner every night ;) ( I tried), standing lunch date, and caring for the children. I will say that the most difficult part for Bryan was that someone else was involved in caring for our children. There was a sense of control that was lost. A lot of peace comes when you know that your children are being loved and protected.

So on Thursday our week is coming to an end. In the Waldenville house Thursday is our Friday. I do not work on Fridays and Bryan is off also. Being in ministry Sunday has become a work day for our entire family. Friday is our day of rest. We often sleep in and stay in our pajamas until noon. Blakely loves to help make Cinnamon rolls. We all lay around the house with the windows open and have an occasional dance party ;), Two weeks ago Bryan felt that we should introduce our children to Michael Jackson. Since he has become the next Elvis for our generation. Needless to say, these days have become some of the most special.

Thursday afternoon our children are extremely ready for Mom and Dad to care and love on them. I think that in a way they have had a work week also. I have a very flexible schedule. However, anytime they are away from us for four days regardless of how long they are exhausted. Then we start our weekend. They begin their routine with Mom and Dad and the world is at peace again. They just really need to be reset. They know what to expect from us. In their world they need routine. They need to know we watch cartoons, eat breakfast, play, snack, play, lunch, and then we all four nap ;). All of our loved ones know if they call our house between 1-4 on Fridays. We will not answer. Napping is something we all have in common.

Although as a mother it is hard to let go of my children. It has taught me an enormous amount about God and just how BIG he is. You have to give up that control. You have to release your children to the Lord. Know that he is mighty, powerful, and a protector. You have to know that they are ultimately his. So Monday through Thursday is my way of saying God I trust you and have faith that you will protect them. I am letting go. When I am with them I will do my job as a parent and a good steward of the two blessings you have given Bryan and I. When they are away from me I will trust you to watch over them.

I miss them if I am away 5 minutes or 5 hours. I have grown so much as a person in the last twelve months. Knowing that I am my own person. It is very easy to neglect or forget that when your children are so intertwined in you. The Lord blesses me when I am with them and when I am away. I appreciate every moment I spend with them. The time I spend with them is truly quality time.

I am watching them grow into this unique and wonderful individuals. I am so thankful for where we have been and where we are going. Ty and Blakely are blessings in their own individual ways. Both precious. I am going to look back at this time and remember how wonderful these years were. I could not feel more blessed to have a loving husband. The Lord has allowed us to have a family and create a legacy that I know will continue to bless us in the coming years.

Bryan and I are going to take the babies and go to the beach for a week. We are leaving this weekend after the Journey EC side walk VBX. Time to reconnect as a family and make some memories. Looking forward to a special time with the people I love the most.

1 comment:

  1. You have no idea how much I needed to hear all of those words with school nearing for me and having to leave my sweet secure lifestyle of taking care of my family. Zan you truly have a gift with words and I thank you for always saying the right things at the right time. Love you lady!

    ReplyDelete